With a DE driving license, you will be able to drive buses with a trailer weighing more than 750 kg.
Group D + E can currently only be obtained by extending form C to D + CE or from C to C + E if you are a Group D holder. For more information, see the CE webpage.
Driver’s license requirements
- minimum age of 24 years (21 or 23 years under specific conditions, see below)
- valid medical fitness confirmation
- successful final exam in the driving school
- already a holder of group D driver’s license
- permanent or temporary residency in the Czech Republic or study in the Czech Republic for at least 6 months
- not being under a prohibition to drive and not having 12 demerit points
- not having a driver’s license from another EU member country
You can also obtain a driver’s license for group DE at 21 or 23. Until you reach 24 years of age, this license will allow you to drive buses:
a) for the purpose of conducting the initial training for a professional certificate (professional competence),
b) if you hold a professional certificate (i.e. professional competence) and have undergone the initial training
- extended training of 280 hours (if you’re 21 years old)
- basic training of 140 hours (if you’re 23 years old)
Trailers over 750 kg
The price list is valid as of 15. 7. 2022. All prices include complete instruction and training as specified by the law as well as the 21% VAT.
Prices for driving courses include the costs of the final exam. The administrative fee in the amount of 700 CZK that must be paid to the Municipal Authority and the fee for translating the exam is not included. All teaching and training lessons have 45 minutes, as stipulated by the law.
You can pay cash, via a bank transfer, or with a credit card.